Friday, 18 November 2011

Birthdays are all about balloons, cupcakes and pretty colours…*

I’ll start by managing expectations this week. It’s a short blog. A very short blog. Why? Well, it was my birthday yesterday and I am recovering after a lovely champagne fuelled evening…

If you remember back to the blog on concepts where we talked about how it is possible to get inspiration for your interior from almost anywhere, I thought I would revisit this briefly and use birthday images to create a concept and colour palette for a room!

Taking a wonderful quote from a fellow Princess**; ‘birthdays are all about balloons, cupcakes and pretty colours…’ - here is a concept image that captures all three… and to top it off, it also includes the colour pink!!! The first image also perfectly epitomizes my day yesterday - lots of site meetings surrounded by builders and stepladders along with that lovely, warm and pervasive feeling that it was my special day! I should point out that I was not in fact in a drug or alcohol induced hallucinogenic state all day and seeing balloons everywhere that I went…

I can imagine creating a fantastic little girl’s room using the palette below…

(Images from Rum and Leslie Shewring)


That’s it from me this week. A normal blogging service will resume by next Friday…

*Fellow Princess: Lisa Ndukwe

*What is a Princess? Feminine version of a prince; a monarch’s daughter. Or someone who attends my exercise class on Wandsworth Common…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...