Thursday, 15 December 2011

So here it is Merry Christmas, everybody’s having fun…*

It’s my last blog of 2011 as I will be having a few weeks off to celebrate Christmas and New Year with my family… A much deserved break given my last weeks holiday was at the beginning of January last year…

(Image from Kjerstis Lykke)


Christmas is one of my favourite times of year. One of my favoriate parts of it is decorating my family home in Yorkshire on Christmas eve with natural foliage from the garden with my Mum. We have a tradition of decorating everything from the fireplaces, to bookshelves and the tops of pictures and we have done it the same way year after year – it’s our family tradition. I thought this year I would look for inspiration for new ways to decorate the home using foliage from the garden. I came across several images I love where they have ingeniously used tree branches so I thought I would share them with you…

Just loving this image where they have create a star using branches and fairy light – simple but so effective…


(Image from Helt Enkelt)

Loving the use of branches and pinecones to bring this otherwise dull windowsill to life…

(Image from Bo Bedre via Emma)


Or you could just use a branch to hang your stocking for Father Christmas…

(Image from Dreamy Whites)

So why not get out there and collect some branches/twigs and make some home made decorations with your family – its one of my favourate memories of Christmas from my childhood – so why not give it a go with your little ones!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from me and Jane Price-Stephens Interior Design…


(Image from agrablewski)

*Slade – Merry Christmas Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...