Flowers are restful to look at. They have neither emotions nor conflicts*



Today is my favourite event of the year, The RHS Chelsea Flower Show - a day where I get to spend quality time with my Mum, sip ridiculously expensive champagne, eat seafood platters and wander around looking at the fabulous displays of flowers, all of which both relax and inspire me. It is always fascinating to see what colour trends are being used in the gardens at Chelsea as there is usually a fairly consistent theme that emerges… a theme that may pervade into other aspects of design.


On Monday this week I also went to the launch party of Kasthalls new rug collection, created by their chief designer, Gunilla Lagerhem Ullberg – like Chelsea, this is also an event that involved imbibing copious amounts of champagne (I think I will have blown my units allowance for the next month by the end of today)…. Now I know I always bang on about concept images, but this collection was truly beautiful and is inspired by Gunilla’s interest in flowers and gardens. She has created a series of images using flowers that she had collected herself, pressed and arranged in multiple layers to create kaleidoscopic geometric patterns. 

(Image from Kasthall - Gunilla Lagerhem Ullberg)

(Image from Kasthall - Gunilla Lagerhem Ullberg)

(Image from Kasthall - Gunilla Lagerhem Ullberg)

It is a truly classic example of the power of concept images in providing direction in the colours and textures that are applied in the work of a designer.



So, ready for a solid dose of relaxation and inspiration I am off to Chelsea for my lovely day of the year. Perhaps if I drink enough champagne I will begin to see geometric and kaleidoscopic concept images of blooms in the award winning gardens... and if I do, maybe it’s time to drink some water.

*Sigmund Freud

Comments

  1. I am obliged to you for sharing this piece of information here and updating us with your resourceful guidance. Hope this might benefit many learners. Keep sharing this gainful articles and continue updating us.
    Python Training in Chennai
    Python Course in Chennai
    Advanced Java Training in Chennai
    Hadoop Course in Chennai
    Big Data Analytics Courses in Chennai
    Big Data Course in Chennai
    Selenium Training in Chennai
    Python Training in Tambaram

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts